Vital Reds – Vital Reds is primarily designed to help people to attain and maintain good health and the general idea is it should be taken for life.
Why You Might Buy It: created by a respected doctor. Good set of ingredients
Why You Might Not: Can be very expensive. If weight loss is your primary goal look at a multi benefit diet product
Our Opinion: Good product – but our opinion is there are better products
Gundry MD Vital Reds is berry-flavored drink mix that contains polyphenols, probiotics, vitamins and minerals.
It’s one of several supplements developed and marketed by, heart surgeon and medical researcher, Dr Stephen Gundry MD.
Although Gundry claims the formulation helps with weight loss, like the rest of the Gundry MD range of products, Vital Reds is primarily designed to help people to attain and maintain good health and the general idea is it should be taken for life.
What Customers are Told to Expect
- More energy
- Improved digestion
- Better health
- Improvements to the skin and appearance
- Help with getting your weight under control
Gundry MD Vital Reds Blend Potency and Value
Each (3.765g) scoop of powder provides:
- Pantothenic acid (10mg)
- Thiamine (1.5mg)
- Riboflavin (1.7mg)
- Niacin (20mg)
- Vitamin B6 (2mg)
- Vitamin B 12 (6mcg)
- Folate (400mcg)
- Biotin (300 mcg)
- Selenium (70mcg)
- Chromium (200mcg)
Niacin improves the circulation. Vitamin B6 is an energy drink ingredient. So is Vitamin B12. They are used in this way because they help the body extract energy from food.
Biotin also has particular value in a formulation such as this because it helps provide strong nails and improvements to the skin and hair. The other inclusions will also help promote good health, but so would a normal vitamin and mineral supplement.
The rest of the ingredients used in Vital Reds are housed in proprietary blends:
- Polyphenol Blend (1760mg): Contains 34 fruit and vegetable extracts that are high in polyphenols. The lineup of ingredients includes apple, grape seed, organic carrot, organic flax seed, mulberry fruit, cranberry, European black current extract, organic beetroot, mango, papaya, acai, strawberry, blueberry, pomegranate, blackberry, raspberry, pineapple, orange, and grape. Research shows polyphenols are good for the health, but a glass of fruit juice would probably provide the same benefits.
- Metabolic Boosting Blend (365mg): Provides unspecified quantities of cinnamon, ginger root, green tea, white tea leaf extract, turmeric, bitter melon, and black pepper. All seven ingredients are believed to boost the metabolism and encourage the body to burn calories faster and, in the case of green tea, the benefits may last for 24 hours.
- Digestive Support Blend: Contains around three billion probiotic bacteria (Bacillus coagulans + Lactobacillus + Bifidobacterium lactis + L. reuteri) that are naturally-occurring in the body and can also be found in food. Especially in dairy products. Probiotics are seen in a favorable light because they aid digestion, fight influenza, and help relieve allergies and bad breath.
- Fructooligosaccharides (250mg): FOS are a form of carbohydrate that can be found in a number of plants including onions and leeks. FOS have a sweet flavor and are indigestible so they are often used in low-calorie sugar alternatives. FOS are generally added to probiotic products so the “good bacteria” has something to feed upon.
Gundry MD Vital Reds Customer Experience
A few customer comments read:
Gundry MD Vital Reds Reported Side Effects
Although the marketing material states the product is 100% safe to use, a number of customers report experiencing nausea, headaches and other side effects.
Places to Buy Vital Reds
Gundry appears to only market his products via his company website.
A number of Amazon retailers are selling the product as well but their prices are usually higher than the price of a one-off purchase on the official site.
However, Gundry MD offers an auto-ship option that allows customers to obtain up to six bottles of Vital Reds at a reduced price, so it’s possible people are buying Vital Reds in this way and then reselling it an an increased price.
There is a 90-day money back guarantee.
The Vital Reds sales blurb says all the right things and the fact that the product has been developed by a respected doctor no doubt helps generate trust. However, this is a very expensive product.
The price fluctuates a lot and the cost for a single pot is generally around $70-$80. Customers can get the product slightly cheaper if they buy it via auto-ship.
That’s a good thing for a supplement that is intended to be taken for life, but the savings aren’t that great and the price remains stupidly high.
Anyone who eats a probiotic yoghurt for breakfast and then swallows a good vitamin and mineral pill with some fruit juice would probably get better benefits for a fraction of the price, but Vital Reds should help promote good health.
However, the formulation’s fat burning capabilities are likely to be weak at best and certainly no better than that of a strong cup of green tea.
Vital Reds cannot suppress the appetite or support weight loss in any other way, so it cannot be considered an effective weight loss solution. As a fat burner it does not hold a candle to any of the top-rated diet pills, all of which are infinitely cheaper to buy and will not need to be taken for life.
Paul Taylor is a professional nutritional advisor with a wealth of knowledge in the weight loss and fitness industry. Not known for his love of diet products, Paul is firm believer in fuelling your body correctly. Paul has written many articles on the advantages of clean eating. Paul’s No1 tip – avoid processed foods. Read more here