OxyRem for Women – a night-time fat burner that’s taken at bedtime and is designed to promote rapid eye movement (REM) and provide weight loss support during the hours of sleep.
Why You Might Buy It: Made by a company that has a very good reputation. Some quality ingredients
Why You Might Not: There are other diet products on the market that offer multiple benefits .
Our Opinion: Good product – but our opinion is there are better products
OxyRem For Women is a night-time fat burner that’s taken at bedtime and is designed to promote rapid eye movement (REM) and provide weight loss support during the hours of sleep.
The product is made in the USA by EHP Labs and the company also has an OxyRem formulation intended for men.
What are the best diet pills for women in 2021
We’ve made a list. Only one of the entries was developed with women in mind, but it’s ability that counts here and all of them have already helped thousands of women to lose weight
Men and women gain weight differently – they lose weight differently as well
There are a lot of differences between the two formulations, so it appears OxyRem For Women is one of the few supplements marketed towards women that has really been created with the female of the species in mind.
That doesn’t necessarily mean it will do the things it’s supposed to do, but it does mean the manufacturer has tried to create something that can help support a woman’s unique biological needs.
OxyRem For Women Benefits
- Bedtime fat burning
- Scientifically formulated to promote REM sleep
- Boosts the metabolism
- Curbs the appetite
What Is OxyRem For Women and How Does it Work?
REM is the deepest form of sleep. It’s a time when the brain becomes more active and a state of dreaming becomes possible.
REM sleep is important. Human growth hormone levels are elevated during REM, the body steps up the cell repair process, and muscles growth is intensified.
Light sleepers who fail to reach and maintain a sufficient level of REM sleep are unlikely to wake up feeling sufficiently refreshed and are more likely to fall victim to stress.
This will cause levels of the stress hormone cortisol to rise and the upshot of this will be the body becoming more prone to weight gain.
A (3 capsule) serving will provide:
- Vitamin B6 (5mg): An important vitamin that aids the release of energy from food. Vitamin B6 is a good choice for any supplement intended for women because research shows it regulates oestrogen levels and may help prevent menopausal weight gain.
- Zinc (15mg): Scientists have established a link between zinc levels and sleep quality, but investigation has failed to identify all the processes involved.
- Chromium (200mcg): A mineral that prevents insulin levels from fluctuating enough to cause urges for sweet or fat-rich food. A 200mcg dose is about right.
OxyRem For Women Proprietary Blend (1051mg)
- GABA: Gamma-Aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the human central nervous system. Elevated GABA levels results in reduced levels of stress. There is a corresponding drop in cortisol levels and this helps keep the appetite in check and prevent comfort eating.
- Raspberry Ketones: A phenol that is found in raspberries and certain other fruit. It assists weight loss by dulling the appetite and helping the body to burn fat.
- L-Theanine: A tea-sourced amino acid that stimulates the neurotransmitters that control the mood and help calm the mind.
- Chamomile Extract: Lots of people sip on chamomile tea when they need to relax or before they go to sleep. It’s an age-old natural sleep potion and there is every indication that it works.
- Gymnema Sylvestre: A medicinal plant. Like chromium, it appears to have the ability to act on insulin levels in a way that prevents sugar urges.
- Banaba Leaf Extract: More of the same really. This is yet another ingredient that’s used for preventing sugar urges.
- Cinnamon Bark Extract: Cinnamon is alleged to offer many weight loss benefits, but it’s running on reputation. There’s a lack of proof that it works.
- Trace Mineral Foundation Blend: Probably a shot of minerals to help support good health. Some more information would have been nice.
- Melatonin: The hormone that’s necessary for sleep. In the natural state of affairs it’s provided by the pineal gland. The melatonin in supplements is extracted from the glands of animals or manufactured in a lab.
There seems to be some confusion about the dose. The manufacturer’s website says two capsules are required 30 minutes before bedtime, but the label on the bottle states you need to take three. The information on the bottle is probably the most accurate, but a bottle only contains 60 capsules. Taking three capsules per day will mean each bottle will only be good for 20 days.
OxyRem For Women Customer Feedback
Customer feedback is thin on the ground, but we managed to find a few reviews that suggest the product may work well as a sleep aid.
“I haven’t noticed any difference in my weight, but I feel a lot better in myself now I’m getting a decent night’s sleep.”
“A dream product, to be sure. Sends me off to the land of nod as soon as my head hits the pillow. Not great for my sex life, but there’s always the weekend.”
“This is wonderful stuff. It makes me sleep like a baby and when I step out of bed I always feel nice and refreshed.”
OxyRem For Women Side Effects and Health Issues
No side effects have been reported, but the formulation is not intended for anyone under 12-years of age or for women who are pregnant or nursing a child.
It goes without saying the pills should never be taken before driving or operating machinery, and anyone who has existing health problems is advised to get their GP’s blessing before incorporating OxyRem For Women into their night-time routine.
OxyRem For Women Purchasing Options and Considerations
OxyRem For Women can be purchased from the EHP Labs website, but customers who don’t live in the USA may find they have to pay import duties when the product arrives at their door.
There does not appear to be a money back guarantee.
OxyRem For Women Summary
We don’t doubt that this formulation has been specially made for women.
We are also pretty sure it will help improve sleep quality. It may even help with weight loss because levels of the cortisol stress hormone are likely to be lower in anybody’s body when it’s well rested.
However, although we are seeing plenty of ingredients that will prevent people from having sugar urges while they are sleeping we don’t really get it. When the body is in a state of sleep, sugar urges are unlikely to be a problem.
People don’t start popping Smarties or scoffing cream cakes while they are asleep, and any benefits provided will have worn off by the following morning.
As for the promise that the formulation will help the body burn more fat while sleeping, the only good fat burning ingredient included is raspberry ketones and the fact that it’s grouped in with the other ingredients in the proprietary blend means its impossible to ascertain if enough is included.
This one gets full marks for effort but, as a fat burner, it doesn’t get a recommendation.
Click here to view which diet are best and exclusively for women
Jane Wright has a wealth of experience in the supplement industry. She has been on both sides of the fence by first helping to create products and then critically reviewing them. Jane is a keen fitness fanatic and hates the current trend of fad diets. Jane’s No1 tip – Avoid products with hype and trendy new ingredients, tried and tested is the wiser choice. Read more here
Be the first to comment