Nucific Bio X4 – Controls the hunger cravings that make you overeat by suppressing appetite. Increases metabolism. Promotes healthy digestive function.
Why You Might Buy It: A good all round weight loss supplement with a probiotic
Why You Might Not: The weights and ratios involved are not divulged and there is a good chance the doses provided may not be high enough to provide good results.
Our Opinion: Good product by a good manufacturer – but our opinion is there are better products that are more adept at tackling weight loss by utilizing more than just concentrating on appetite suppressing.
Bio X4 is a weight management product produced in the state of California by Nucific.
It contains a blend of plant extracts, digestive enzymes, and probiotic bacteria that is intended to help people to lose weight naturally without the need for prescription drugs, radical lifestyle changes, or unduly difficult diet plans.
The main promised benefits are:
- Controls the hunger cravings that make you overeat
- Boosts your metabolism and encourages fat burning
- Helps you obtain extra energy and nutrients from your food
- Prevents bloating and gas
- Allows you to feel more self-confident
- Vegetarian-friendly weight loss product with no lactose or fillers
Method of Action
The primary benefit provided is likely to be appetite suppression and it’s an important one because more dieters throw in the towel due to overpowering hunger urges than for any other reason.
Like many diet pills, Bio X4 also contains ingredients intended to increase the need for fat burning by boosting the basal metabolic rate sufficiently to cause a calorie shortage that increases the need for fat burning.
The formulation is also intended to promote healthy digestive function.
This can help provide extra energy.
Key Ingredients and Blend Potential
Each (1 capsule) dose provides:
Craving Control Blend
- Slimaluma (166mg): A branded Caralluma fimbriata extract. Caralluma fimbriata is a succulent plant extract that has a long history of use for hunger control. Science proves it works, but this respected natural appetite suppressant is being held back here by a low inclusion rate.
Weight Management Blend
- Green Tea (100mg): A heart-friendly fat burner with proven capabilities. The antioxidants provided by green tea also purge the body of toxins and help promote good health. It’s a good ingredient, but a 200mg dose would be more likely to provide the kind of results dieters require.
Digestive Enzyme Blend (43mg)
- Amylase: The enzyme responsible for breaking down carbohydrate and sugars. This is the enzyme targeted by carb blocking products. The fact that Bio X4 provides it rather than blocks its activity is more likely to contribute to weight gain than weight loss, but its presence may provide an energy boost.
- Lipase: The digestive enzyme that breaks down dietary fats. Again, encouraging the activity of this enzyme rather than retarding it may be more likely to promote weight gain than weight loss.
- Bromelain: An enzyme that breaks down protein and may also reduce intestinal irritations.
Probiotic Blend (4 Billion Bacteria)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus blend (L. rhamnosus, L. acidophilus, L. planterum)
- Bifidobacterium blend (B. lactis, B. animalis)
Probiotics are a gut-friendly type of bacteria that help the body to absorb the nutrients that have been released by the digestive enzymes.
When levels of probiotic bacteria are increased it also causes a reduction in the “bad bacteria” responsible for causing digestion problems and triggering cravings for high-energy foods.
Although the manufacturer’s website contains a lot of reviews that are attributed to satisfied customers, feedback obtained from such a biased source cannot be relied upon to provide an accurate picture of how the product is likely to perform for the average user.
We looked for a more reliable source of feedback but drew a blank.
Side Effects & Health Considerations
The prospect of side effects is not mentioned, but the formulation is unlikely to be suitable for women who are pregnant or nursing an infant.
Anyone who has existing medical issues should never consume supplements of any kind without first obtaining expert medical advice. The same holds true for people contemplating using Bio X4 alongside medication.
Where to Buy Bio X4
Bio X4 is only available via the manufacturer’s website, so if it appears to be on sale elsewhere the product is likely to be a fake and should be avoided.
Bio X4 has a 90-day money back guarantee.
Bio X4 may very well have value as a weight loss aid, but it’s unlikely to deliver the same level of results as any of the top diet pill brands and may offer more value to people who are struggling with digestive issues or are being drained of energy due to an unhealthy balance of bad bacteria in the gut.
The formulation’s potential to promote weight loss could be greatly increased if the digestive blend was removed in favour of larger doses of Caralluma fimbriata and green tea.
It’s nice to see such a long money back guarantee though. It will allow customers to reclaim most of their original investment if they find the product is not suitable for their needs.
Jane Wright has a wealth of experience in the supplement industry. She has been on both sides of the fence by first helping to create products and then critically reviewing them. Jane is a keen fitness fanatic and hates the current trend of fad diets. Jane’s No1 tip – Avoid products with hype and trendy new ingredients, tried and tested is the wiser choice.